Hello Everyone! :) I hope you had a nice September and enjoy the last two days of it. I've been busy lately with my new job and other things. On the 19th, I went to buy some scrub tops and pants for my job. It was fun picking them out!
On Friday, the 21st, my mom, grandma, and I went down to Illinois to stay with my aunt for the weekend. We arrived around 11:30 A. M.. My cousin Elizabeth was there with her little boy, Wyatt, who is also my Godson. We held him when he woke up. He's gotten so much hair since the last time I saw him! He's such a CUTE baby! My other cousin, Melissa, arrived soon with her son, Bobby. He's really cute as well. He can already crawl! I just remember when my cousins and I were kids and it's hard to believe they have kids now! Where did that time go? They always say the older you get, the quicker the time passes, and that's SO right! We were all really hungry, so we went to Panera Bread. I took my friend Taylor's advice and tried the Vegetarian Fiesta Con Queso soup and it was extremely delicious! Anyway, we went to get some things at the grocery store afterwards and then got some gelato to have after dinner. We ordered some really good pizza for dinner and then had the gelato later that night. It is so good that it's hard to believe it's lower in fat than regular ice cream!
On Saturday, my aunt, mom, grandma, and I went to the mall by my aunt's house. I went into the Borders there and talked to a manager. She said my book looked really good and she wants to have me there for a book signing on October 20th! I was so happy that I almost started to cry in the store, LOL. She's going to call me to confirm the date and everything. I also found some good deals at Charlotte Russe and then we headed for some lunch in Orland Park. We ate a place called "Harrison's" and it was pretty good. We then shopped some more and went to World Market, one of my favorite stores! They have items from all over the world. We had my grandma make Palacsinta for dinner that night. Palacsinta is a Hungarian dish pronounced "pul-a-cheen-ta", and it's the same thing as a crepe. We filled them with jelly and enjoyed them. We had more gelato for dessert! We always eat so much when we go to my aunt's house in IL, but we have a blast! We came home the following day.
On Monday, I went in the morning to get my other TB test and thankfully, didn't get dizzy. Later on, I got into my scrubs and went to work. I met with my supervisor, Betty, and she was really nice. It was actually my first time meeting her. I met other supervisors in the department, but she was sick the day I was supposed to interview with her. She said I'm the first person in seventeen years she's hired without interviewing with personally, so I took that as a huge compliment!
After I talked with her for awhile, I talked with Paula, who heads up the catering department. They deliver in the whole clinic and hospital, so it's A LOT to memorize! I hope I can handle all of it! Everyone seemed pretty nice though, so that's good. I was trained by a girl named Tiffany who was kind also. I mostly help with getting the trays ready to send to patients and then help clean things up.
Tuesday I had orientation, which was mostly computer training. After the instructor was done, we all had to take tests on the computer and then we could leave. I was done in about an hour, which wasn't too bad.
On Wednesday, I was trained by a girl named Amber who was really nice also. It went pretty well. I also did the same thing on Thursday night. Before my shift on Thursday night, I also had my first day of catering duties. It was an easy day, since I served punch and cake for a retirement party. I got to wear an apron and I really enjoyed talking to people!
Yesterday was the first day of the 35th Annual Cranberry Festival in Warrens, Wisconsin. People (mostly women), come from all over Wisconsin and the Midwest to attend. There are thousands of vendors and the whole town is loaded with things to buy and things to see. I went with my mom and aunt Maureen. We ate some junk food and walked around for hours. I found a pretty picture to hang in my bathroom, which was just painted and wallpapered recently. We stayed until 5:00 P. M. (It closes at 6:00.) We then came home and ate grilled cheese sandwiches and watched "Ghost Whisperer."
That is all the news for now. Thanks for reading! :)
Love,
Aubrey