Hi everyone! I'm not talking about the TV show, although I am sad it will be the last season. Anyway, I have been at work a lot lately. I need to wear scrubs for one of my jobs and the other I just wear black scrub-like pants and a white shirt. On Monday, the 1st, I did my first day of actual catering. I just followed a nice lady named Lori around and learned where certain places were to drop off breakfast or lunch carts.
I had the next day off, so I took advantage of it and went to Plover with my mom, about 40 minutes away. We went to Kohl's and bought a few things, but mostly they were gifts for other people. We also went to the Petco there and Michael's. Anyway, we went to Hudson's for lunch. There are only three of them, I think, in Wisconsin. It's designed to look like a 50's restaurant. They make awesome malts and shakes! My mom and I split an order of deep-fried pickles and a grilled cheese sandwich. Yes, deep-fried pickles! It made sound nasty, but man, are the good! The batter they use isn't greasy or anything. It was a nice way to spend my day off!
The best thing that happened to me that week happened on the 3rd. I called the Borders Express bookstore in Joliet, Illinois, and the lady there said for sure she wants to do a book signing, and the books are already in! She is so nice and I'm very grateful to her for allowing me to have a signing there. I'll be there on Saturday, October 20th, from 1:00-3:00 P. M. So if you live or know anyone in the Joliet/Chicago area, please come by and see me! And pass on the word! Thank you to everyone who already has! It's in the Louis-Joliet Mall.
I had the 6th and 7th off, so on the 6th, my mom and I drove up to Wausau since my aunt Betsy was in town visiting with my aunt Maureen. The four of us had lunch at this place called "The Mint Cafe" and the food was pretty good. We later walked around and shopped, but I didn't buy anything. We then went to this place called "Helene's Hilltop Orchard" and got fresh apple dumplings to eat with hot caramel sauce. It's always crowded with little kids, since they have a big pumpkin patch and a playground and a corn maze. We met them at a Chinese place to eat for lunch on Sunday and my dad and brother came with also. My aunt Betsy also bought several copies of my book to give away to schools that my uncle sub teaches at.
This past week, I've been at work a lot. I did a waitressing job for catering on Tuesday night and did okay. I also worked on Wednesday and learned a new "station" as they call them. You have to serve potatoes and soup, or sometimes rice. Thursday was a really long day. I catered from 6:30 until 12:45 and then had to work again from 4-8. I found some of the rooms by myself while catering, so that's getting easier too. I also got to put some cookies on a sheet to hand to the bakers, so that part was pretty fun. It was relaxing and let my feet rest for a little bit. They were actually throbbing when I got home last night. But they are feeling better now.
Anyway, I'm getting excited about my book signing and having three days off, yay! :) I hope you have a great rest of your weekend!
Love,
Aubrey