Hey everyone! Hope you've had a wonderful August! I can't believe it's September already, and in five days it's my birthday! Time sure does fly by!
Anyway, lots has happened since my last blog. Sorry about not writing sooner! :( I guess I should start where I left off. On Friday, August 10th, my boss gave me and two other ladies a "good-bye breakfast" at Perkins. I got a nice card from everyone and a beautiful church that plays "Silent Night", my favorite Christmas song. August 14th was my last day at Hallmark. I will miss everyone because they became nice friends, but I know I did the right thing. I got a job at the hospital, but don't start for almost four weeks!
I went to see Hairspray on August 15th with two ladies I used to work with. We had a fun time and it was a cute movie! Two days later, I went to Steven's Point (a city about 40 minutes away), with my friend Dee. We ate the IHOP in Plover, the town right next to Steven's Point. We looked around some shops in the area, but didn't buy much. We also looked at the furniture store, since Dee was looking for a new recliner, but she didn't see anything. So then we went to the Coldstone Creamery for ice cream, yum! :) We stopped at an antique store on the way home, just to look around. It was such a fun day! It got even better, because shortly after I got home, I got a call from the Book World store in Marshfield, saying all five copies of my book sold, and she wanted five more copies! So I was really glad to hear that!
I didn't do much exciting for the next few days. On Thursday, August 23rd, I went with my aunt Maureen on the road again. We stopped at several places, but the two places I had luck in were Wisconsin Dells and Baraboo. Wisconsin Dells is a big tourist attraction and known as "The Waterpark Capital of the World." I dropped off some copies at the Book World there. We had lunch in Baraboo and I also dropped off some copies at the Book World there as well. We got stuck in some rain on the way home. It rained pretty much the whole week!
On Monday, August 27th, I went for my interview at the hospital. The kitchen area (where I'll be working), is HUGE, but really nice. I heard about the job on Thursday. I spent the rest of Monday and most of Tuesday, baking things to enter in the fair. I went with my mom to judging on Wednesday. I entered five things, and won 4th place on three of my things! My corn bread, peanut butter cookies, and whole wheat cookies all won 4th place. It wasn't as good as 1st, but I was still happy, since I won a pink ribbon and a $1.00 for each item.
My mom and I went back to the fair on Thursday for the photo judging. I didn't win anything, but I still had fun. We went on two rides. I get sicker on rides than I used to, so two rides were enough for me! We also got some ice cream. They have amazing soft serve there!
Anyway, I guess that's it for now, so I'll write again soon!
Have a great Labor Day weekend! :)
Love,
Aubrey