Hello everyone! :) I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend and a nice start to your September! Happy Birthday to anyone who also has a September birthday! My birthday was on September 6th. That morning, I went out to breakfast with my good friend, Dee, and her adorable grandson, who's a year and a half. He kept making this cute little laugh. Dee gave me an ornament from Hallmark that I wanted and several of my favorite candy bars, which have all been eaten, LOL. Later on, my mom and I went to the town of Rudolph, which is less than thirty minutes away. We went to the Grotto Gardens which was just too beautiful for words! It was mostly religious statues that were so pretty and gorgeous flowers. Some of the stones were from Italy! It was behind a Catholic church and school. There was also a cave you could go in that had pretty light-up religious things. Some parts of the ceiling were really low, though, and I almost cracked my head twice! But I made it without hurting myself. We also got this really good ice cream that they make in Madison, yum!
That evening, we went to my brother's and met my aunt at Noodles for supper. I got a free meal since it was my birthday. We then got a yummy cake from the Coldstone Creamery and went back to my brother's to eat it. I got a lot of nice gifts and cards. All in all, it was a pretty great birthday!
On Monday, the 10th, my mom and I went back up to Door County. I checked on the bookstores I'd given books to. We then went to downtown Sturgeon Bay, which is a really cute town. We went into a HUGE Hallmark store which had two levels. I hate to admit it's nicer than the one I used to work at, but it was the best one I'd ever been in! We walked across the street to one of the Door County Confectionery shops, yum! It smells like melted butter and chocolate before you even enter the building! It was too good to pass up, LOL. We then headed on to Ephraim for lunch at Wilson's. It was QUIET in there compared to last time. After lunch, we walked around Egg Harbor, but didn't buy anything.
Last Friday, the 14th, I went with my parents down to Illinois to say with my grandparents. We went out to eat at this place called "Meson Sabika." It was really delicious! We each ordered a cold dish, then a hot dish, then dessert. We went shopping and to a wine festival the following day. I got in for less since I don't drink wine. There were other things to drink and lots of foods to sample. It was interesting! We came home on Sunday.
Today, I had to go to the hospital to get my picture taken for my badge and to get set-up on the payroll and all of that. Then, I had to go to the Employee Health room and get a TB test and have my blood drawn. I went down this LONG hallway to a part of the hospital I didn't even know existed! Anyway, I had a lady named Ann and she was SO nice to me! She checked my pulse and all of that, and then said I could lie down and she'd draw my blood. She even checked both arms to see which one would work better. I talked the whole time she was doing it, because I didn't want to think about what was going on. Then, she let me sit for a minute and then did the TB test, which didn't really hurt, but it pinched. Then I sat up and sat in the chair and felt really faint. She had to get me some water and then asked me what else I like to do, so I told her about my book. I felt less and less light-headed the more I talked, and then it went away completely. I gave her one of my pens and she thanked me. I thanked her for being so patient with me. I wish I didn't get so light-headed sometimes, but I do. :(
Anyway, that's it for now! Have a great week! :)
Love,
Aubrey
Aubrey