Hello everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend! :) I can't believe how fast summer is going by! It seems like it was just June! Anyway, sorry about not posting sooner! I've been pretty busy lately. On July 30th, my mom and I went up to Door County. We stopped at the Lang Store in Sturgeon Bay, which has a lot of awesome things, from candles, to calendars, to figurines, there is so much to choose from! Then, we headed on to Bailey's Harbor, where I stopped at Novel Ideas, which sells books and games. I talked to the owner, and she said to call back in a few days, since she had to talk it over with her dad, who is her business partner. (I did call back later on, and she said she'd sell the copy I left there, and I can send more when it sells.)
Then, we stopped at the Book World in Sister Bay, and I just caught the manager as he was on his way out, so that was good timing! I left three copies there. We then headed down to Ephraim and ate at my favorite restaurant, Wilson's. It was built in 1906 and looks like a 50s diner. They have awesome food and wonderful ice cream! :) My mom and I each got a chocolate shake. We stopped at a few more shops on the way home. It is so beautiful there!
On Saturday, August 5th, I met Dee for lunch at McDonalds. It is always nice talking with her. She can always make me laugh! I later went to kitty-sit for my Aunt Maureen's new kitten, who I think is named Melody. She is such a cute little kitten! The following day, I went back up there with my family to go to a Gin Blossoms concert. It was during the fair, so we got something to eat and then watched the concert. It was a good concert, but they all looked really tired, since they'd been touring all summer. The lead singer came into the crowd and high-fived a few people, me being one of the them. My hand was sticky from previously eating a funnel cake, so I hope I didn't get his hand all sticky.
On Wednesday, August 8th, my mom and I went to Plover to go shopping. We went to Big Lots and Ben Franklin Crafts. I like both of those places! We stopped at the Kohl's further down also. Plover is really getting built-up! There are lots of new stores and restaurants there now. We then headed over to Wisconsin Rapids, where we went to the mall there, and then headed to Book World. I had left three books there before, but couldn't find where they were, so I asked the girl. I told her the title was Thirteen and Surviving, and she said, "Oh, are you Aubrey Waters?" I said I was and she showed me that they were under the "Local Author" section. I thought it was so cool that she knew my name from just the title! There were two copies there, so someone had bought one! :) Thank you whoever you are! :)
On the way home, we stopped in the town of Rudolph (it's a small town and their motto is "Home of the Red-Nosed Reindeer"), and got some cheese at the cheese factory there. We also got some ice cream, which was the really good kind that is made in Madison.
The following day, we went to Eau Claire and saw my book was still on the "recommended" shelf, so that was pretty awesome too. We did the soup, salad, and bread sticks lunch at the Olive Garden. It was delicious! I won't be on the road as much this week, so I'll be glad to relax a little bit!
The other thing I wanted to mention was that I recently purchased Taylor Ware's CD. You might remember her as a finalist from America's Got Talent from last season. She is a fantastic yodeler and singer, and has an excellent CD out. Please visit her website at: http://www.taylorware.com/ You can read more about her and purchase her CD. She is a friend of mine, so please check it out! :)
Well, I guess that about does it for now, so I'll say good-bye and have a great week! :)
Love,
Aubrey
Love,
Aubrey