Hello everyone! :) Yesterday was my fourth book signing. It was held at Thimbleberry Books in Marshfield, Wisconsin. It was also Hub City Days, which is a small festival held on Central Avenue, the main street in Marshfield. Thimbleberry is on Central, so lots of people walked by. I sat in a rocking type chair and had a big coffee table to display my books on. There are also two cats that live at Thimbleberry's, and they are so sweet! One slept on top of the fireplace the whole time. The other stuck around by me a lot, and kept me company. It was pretty quiet for awhile, but then things began to pick up. I had a nice older lady come in and buy a copy for her granddaughter who loves to read. Shortly after that, this nice guy came in and bought one. He is part of a group that meets at Thimbleberry the last Friday of every month and invited me to come sometime, which I might. Then this nice lady named Bev came in. She's a regular customer where I work. She is such a funny and kind lady! I love talking with her. She came in and bought two books for her granddaughters. She also gave me a dollar for signing them, which was extremely sweet of her. She also talked this guy she knew who'd come in, into buying a book from me, so he did. So I sold five books, which isn't bad at all! I had a great time! Thank you everyone who came in to support me! :) You guys are the best!
Other news that has happened since my last blog:
On July 12th, I went with my Aunt Maureen on the road again and dropped off six copies of my book at "Cover to Cover" in Tomahawk. They wanted me to sign them, so that was pretty cool!
On July 13th, I went into work to help set up the ornaments for the Ornament Premiere, which was the 14th and 15th of July. Dee and I worked from 10-6:15, just taking a break to go to McDonalds for some ice cream, LOL. I love their Take 5 McFlurry. I worked for several hours on Ornament Premiere and we had lots of big sales. I also bought some ornaments. They are just so cute!
On July 17th, after I got home from work, my mom and I went to Aunt Maureen's Tupperware party. There were a few other nice ladies there. My mom and I got a few things, but not tons. After everyone was done ordering, we ate the food Aunt Maureen had made. It was all delicious! She had also made two desserts, but hardly anyone ate any, since they were trying to stay away from sweets. I had some, though. :)
On July 19th, I went with Aunt Maureen up to Door County, the peninsula of Wisconsin, and in my opinion, the most beautiful place in the world! I'd like to live there someday. We stopped in Shawno on the way and I dropped off two copies of my book at the Book World there. We stopped at a few more places, but there were no bookstores around. We had lunch at "Perry's Cherry Diner" in Sturgeon Bay and it was delicious! We also split a piece of cherry pie. (Door County is famous for their cherries.) I dropped off some books at the Book World in Sturgeon Bay. We also went to Sister Bay, but the manager at the Book World had left, so I am going to go back sometime soon. We went shopping at a few places, including this place in Juddville that sells nothing but cat items. I love going in there! We stopped at this restaurant in Green Bay called "Victoria's", which has awesome Italian food. They give you HUGE portions, so I had to take most of mine home. It was 10:30 by the time I got home.
On July 21st, my mom and I went to our friend's place to celebrate their daughter's 2nd birthday, which was actually the 19th. I've known Melody (the mom of the little girl), since I was 8. They are such great friends of ours, but live two and a half hours away, so we don't get together too often. It's always fun when we do. Melody bought a copy of my book for her niece and also announced it, so that was pretty cool. She made a safari-themed cake and it was adorable! (It was also delicious!)
I had to work on Monday and Tuesday, and neither day was too busy. On Wednesday, Thimbleberry had run a nice ad about my signing in the paper. On Thursday, Aunt Maureen and I went to Madison, where there used to a bookstore near the mall, but it turned into a salon! :( I didn't have any luck with my book that day. It started to pour on the way home, but we made it home fine. I saw tons of frogs in the road as I was driving home. I also saw a snake go across the road, which was really gross!
Anyway, that is all my news for now, so I wish you a great Sunday and a wonderful upcoming week! :)
Love,
Love,
Aubrey