First off, I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Mine was nice. We had several family members over and grilled brats and burgers. (And veggie dogs for my mom and I, who are both vegetarians.) I made a cheesecake pie for dessert, which was easy to make. I think it was a Cool Whip recipe, since it calls for Cool Whip. Anyway, my brother and uncle set off tons of fireworks. We were out until 11:00 P.M., so that was fun. It was a little chilly and damp outside, but it was great! 4th of July is my second favorite holiday. (Christmas is my favorite.)
Now onto my Godson! :) I finally got to meet him on June 29th. He is adorable! He's only a month old, so he likes to sleep a lot still, but he's an angel. I also got to see my other nephew (really my 2nd cousin, but I will be "Auntie Aubrey" to them), Bobby, who is almost six moths old. He's sweet as well. I love those two boys so much! We had a great weekend visiting. I also got some business out of the trip. We went to a Borders nearby and I talked to a very nice manager who said she probably wants me back for a signing, so that was awesome! My aunt Kathy is also going to help by passing some copies around. We went out to eat several times, so that was also fun. We went to the place with Steve, the cute waiter, but he wasn't there that night. :( We also got gelato from this awesome place called "Fiala's" in New Lenox, IL. I got a birthday cake flavor, and it was awesome! (Gelato is like ice cream, but with less fat and served at a warmer temperature.) They were playing the movie The Brave Little Toaster in the ice cream shop and it brought me back to when I was a kid. I loved that movie, but it always made me sad. I always felt sorry for the electric blanket. The part they showed while we were in there was when the blanket cries, and it made me sad. :( I'm a dork, I know. :)
I also went with my aunt Maureen on the road on June 27th. I dropped off a copy of my book at a cute bookstore in Fort Atkinson, WI. We ate at a place called "The Velvet Lips" and it was really cool! I got a mushroom sandwich, which I liked. We also stopped at a few more places. I dropped off two books at Book World in Portage. We also stopped at this popcorn place that had awesome popcorn! I love popcorn! :)
I also called up a few places in Michigan and Minnesota, and they said they'd stock my book for me, so that's pretty cool. I mailed some out last week and also some today. Oh, and my mom and I went to Eau Claire last week and into the Waldenbooks there. There were five copies of my book, each one with a sticker that said, "Local Author", and they were on a shelf that said the store recommended them! I can't tell you how awesome it felt to see that. I almost cried! I am so grateful to the store for doing that for me. And for everyone who has read my book, or whoever is reading this. Your support is very much appreciated! :)
The only other news is that my parents decided to re-do my bathroom. It looks somewhat disturbing at the moment, all naked and torn apart. My dad painted the ceiling the same color white as it was. The paint for the walls and wallpaper should come in this week. The paint is a pale blue and the wallpaper is a blue floral print. (If you haven't guessed by now, blue is my favorite color!) :)
Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful week! :)
Love,
Aubrey