Sunday, June 24, 2007

Moving Forward

Hello again everyone! :) I hope you are having a nice summer so far!

Last weekend, I went with my family to meet my dad's relatives at a resort in Oconomowoc, WI. (By meet, I mean we were all meeting at the resort, not like I was meeting them for the first time, LOL.) There was a cute bookstore right by our resort, so I dropped off three copies of my book there. The ten of us went out to lunch that day, so that was fun. We then hung around the resort and just relaxed. We went to a bar in the resort and ate some appetizers which were pretty good. We had the place to ourselves, so that was nice too.

The following day, we went to a place called "Ten Chimneys" in Genesse Depot, WI. It was once the home of actors Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne. I had never heard of them before, to be honest. They mostly did Broadway plays. The house and surrounding grounds they owned were so beautiful! It was over 90 degrees that day, so I am glad most of the tour was inside and air conditioned! Later on, four of us girls went shopping at Ben Franklin Crafts. I found some stickers and stationery for my pen-pal letters. We all ate dinner together at the resort and then went to a club right down the hall to watch two comedians. It was so smokey in the place that I left early.

We went home the next day, which was Father's Day. My brother, Adam, and I gave my dad a card and a computer game he wanted.

I spent most of my day Friday (the 22nd), calling up bookstores and have two possible signings pending, so that is exciting. I also am going to drop off bookmarks at our library soon. My good friend Nancy is also going to give away bookmarks too. I am moving forward with that, and I am not giving up. So many people to say to always fight for what you want, and I believe that is true. I once heard this saying that goes, "People who don't have dreams, don't have much", and I feel that to be right. How would we get through life if we didn't have a goal or dream? Wouldn't that be boring and maddening?

Anyway, that's it for the moment. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! :)

Love,
Aubrey