Monday, December 10, 2007

Stuck

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :) Mine was pretty good. Not too much exciting happened, but it was a quiet day filled with way too much to eat!

Anyway, on Tuesday, November 20th, I had an interesting day at work. I got stuck on an elevator! I was helping deliver trays that night and I was going to go up to the 8th floor. So I get on the elevator and it starts going up. Well, the lights shut off and the whole thing stops moving. Seconds later, the lights come back on, but it's still not moving. I was shocked for a minute, so I didn't do anything. Then I saw the phone and pressed the button and talked to a lady on the line. She came up a few minutes later and said she couldn't get the doors open. I was really getting panicked at this point, not for myself, but I was worried about my co-workers. I knew they were worrying about me and wondering where I was. So she called the man who fixes the elevators, but he lived like 25 minutes away! So I just sat there, alone, and tried not to think how bored and annoyed I was. It was about an hour total that I was stuck in that thing. Finally, after he arrived, I felt it move and then it brought me back down to the ground floor. I was never so relieved to see anything before in my life! So I went into the kitchen area and everyone was really nice to me. I said I felt bad about missing work and one girl said, "Hey, I'd be happy if I missed a whole hour of work!" But no one else I work with got stuck on an elevator, so it was something different, ha ha.

I had Tuesday, the 27th, off, so my mom and I drove to Eau Claire to do a little Christmas shopping at the mall there. We also went to Pier 1 and found some neat things. We had the soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch at the Olive Garden, yum! We also got milkshakes at Coldstone Creamery. It was a really nice way to spend my day off!

A few days later, we had a really bad snowstorm and I had to work that night. As I was pulling out of the parking lot that night, I got stuck. Thank goodness there was this nice man there who helped me push out my car. I thanked him about twenty times! So I was almost home and turned onto my road, which is kind-of out in the country. As soon as I got on the road, my car got stuck since there was drifts over a foot high. So I called my parents. At the same time they arrived, so did a sheriff who was driving by. We tried for twenty minutes, but nothing would work. In the process of all this, somehow my break hose got cut! But it was super lucky, because a tow truck went by and stopped! It was the same people we use when we get our cars serviced. So this nice man hooked up my car and brought it back to the garage so they could fix the breaks. I heard from them on Tuesday, and they said they had to order the part for my car. So I had to use this rental car, which drove okay, but it wasn't the same as my car, so I wasn't thrilled about it.

I had to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and use that car. Work went fine, but was really busy, especially on Wednesday. I did finally get my car back on Friday, so I was glad about that!

Anyway, I'm glad the year is almost over, because I don't want to get stuck anywhere else in 2007! Have a wonderful week, everyone!

Love,
Aubrey