Friday, December 28, 2007

White Christmas

Hey everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :) Mine was interesting. It was the first time in my whole life that I didn't see my grandma on Christmas. My dad had a bad cold, so we all decided it was best if we didn't go over there. So instead, my family and I spent the day exchanged gifts and watching movies. I got the first seasons of "Psych" and "Monk" on DVD, so we watched that for a little bit too. We had egg rolls for dinner, LOL. It was still a good Christmas, though.


Christmas Eve was nice too. My aunt Maureen came over for dinner. We then all went to church for the candlelight service. I managed not to spill wax on myself this year, LOL. We then came back and watched TV while eating cookies.


We for sure had a white Christmas. We had another snowstorm on Sunday. It was so bad that I couldn't get out of our driveway, much less down the road, so I called into work and said I couldn't come in. I knew I'd get stuck again if I tried to go.

Here are a few more things that have happened since my last post:

On Friday the 14th, was our work Christmas Bingo party. There was a buffet, and after we'd eaten, some of us went over to the bar. I didn't get a drink at that point, though, but two nice women I work with were teasing this guy we work with to buy me a drink and I said later on. So then we went to play Bingo. A lot of people at our table won. There was a break after several games, so they dragged me to the bar and before I knew what was happening, I had a peppermint schnapps in my hand. It tasted like Maalox! So then we went to sit back down at the table and Brooke (a friend and co-worker), said to get some punch in it too to make it better, but it didn't really make it better. She said, "Chug it, Aubrey!" I said, "If I chug it, I'll be blowing chunks!" Somehow, I did manage to drink that whole nasty thing and everyone cheered and clapped for me, LOL.


We were on the very last game of Bingo and I won! I couldn't believe it! I launched out of my seat and screamed, "BINGO!" I won fifty bucks! It was really awesome! I was so happy because I usually suck at Bingo. Then Brooke, her husband, and a few others said they were going to another bar and begged me to come with them. I didn't really want to, but I went anyway. It was so smoky and loud in the bar and I had a huge headache. A guy I work with bought me a drink. I don't know what the heck he ordered me, but it was delicious. The bartender asked me if I wanted a small or big glass and Brooke yells, "Give her the big glass!" I got to talk with my co-workers and it was a lot of fun! Everyone is so nice that I work with. I left at 11:45 that night.

I had to work the 17th-20th, mostly doing catering. There were lots of parties to help set-up and carts to deliver. It was a lot of fun, though. It'll probably slow down in catering now for awhile.

Well, this is my last blog of the year. Happy 2008 to everyone! :)

Love,
Aubrey