Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sixth Book Signing

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing well! I've been busy with work lately, but it seems to be going well. I've still been delivering trays and catering. I had to help waitress another event, but I didn't spill on anyone, yay! :)

On Saturday, the 10th, I went out to lunch with my friend Dee. She gave me the Girl Scout cookies I ordered from her granddaughters. Those cookies are addicting! I also worked that night and delivered trays and had no accidents, so that was a plus. I worked on Sunday as well.

Anyway, on Monday, I had to get two shots, which wasn't pleasant. They didn't hurt too bad, but I had to get one in each arm. One was a flu shot and the other was a hepatitis shot, which they make you get if you work at the hospital. My arms were sore for about three days. The worst part is, I have to get another hepatitis shot in April, and after that, they need to draw blood to see if I have enough machine in me. I am not good with blood draws. So I'm not looking forward to that! I also had to work that night, passing out trays. I had fourteen late trays to pick up (and that's a lot!), so it was about 8:40 when I finally left. This other girl was still there, so we walked out together.

I also worked on Tuesday and Wednesday in catering. I worked for a little bit on Thursday as well. Friday morning, my boss called me and asked me to come in and help with dishes. I was tired, but I figured, "What the heck?" and went in. I got a little break and then did my evening shift of delivering trays. I didn't have as many late trays, so that was nice.

Yesterday, I had a book signing at the mall. I sold only three copies, but one was to a librarian from Dallas, so she said she'd spread the word, so that was a good sale! It wasn't even as crowded in the mall as I would've thought! My friend Dee stopped by, which I thought was really nice of her. I went out to breakfast today with her at Perkins.

So I guess it was still a good experience at the book signing, even though the sales weren't that high. I like meeting new people and talking with them, so it was nice.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :)


Love,
Aubrey